Creative Technology Activator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- $75,835 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…You will provide technical expertise, support and advice on the use of current digital media tools to the community. You will be required to:
- Coordinate the effective operation of Creative Media and Maker Spaces at Melbourne Libraries
- Develop and deliver training to customers and staff in current digital media tools to create, edit and publish images, video, music, podcasts, and websites
- Recommend purchase and ensure maintenance of relevant equipment and software
- Work in collaboration with community groups, organisations and internal teams to maximise use of the space; and identify how people experience, share and interact with an idea using emerging technologies.
To be successful in this role, you will pride yourself on being a highly organised and knowledgeable person that is known as the go-to person to our Library patrons and to the various stakeholders you will interact with within City Of Melbourne. You will have a passion and interest in creative technologies and naturally be an inquisitive person who is motivated to learn and develop your skills.
Bring your great people skills and can-do approach to this role; if successful in this role, you will be provided with the opportunity for further development of your technological skill set and as well as have the ongoing satisfaction of contributing to the community and to the future direction of Melbourne Library Services.
We are recruiting for this position to be located at Docklands and Kathleen Syme. However, positions within the Melbourne Library Service are not fixed at the one location and may be required from time to time to relocate dependant on business needs.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- A tertiary qualification in multimedia, graphic design, technology or visual arts, or equivalent work experience
- High level of demonstrable technical skills and experience including but not limited to managing Windows and Mac environments, software management, creative software packages, networking and trouble shooting.
- Proven ability to effectively deal with challenging situations, resolve problems and diffuse potential conflict to deliver optimal outcomes
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and staff and efficiently manage high volume level of public interactions
- Proven ability to manage time, plan and organise own work and work and projects to a timetable
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver effective training to all staff and customers
- Demonstrated ability to provide services and programs to all sections of the community, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- attach a separate document respond to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Ken Harris, Coordinator Technology Innovation.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 11/02/2018