Coordinator Outreach Services (opportunity for Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioners or Nurses)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Wurli is seeking a Registered Aboriginal Health Practitioner or a Registered Nurse to join our team as the Coordinator of our Outreach Services. Ideally you will have at least five years broad clinical experience incorporating experience in the provision of care for chronic disease.
The Coordinator Outreach Services is responsible for the operational delivery, monitoring, and reporting of the integrated team care and outreach services. The services are to be provided in order to ensure primary health care and associated actives are accessible to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who suffer from chronic disease. A key responsibility of this role is to ensure that culturally appropriate services are designed, delivered and followed up in accordance with the Chronic Disease Management Plan. The Coordinator role is also accountable for the daily supervision of the service team in accordance with policies, procedures, standards, contracts and legislation.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues effecting communities
- Knowledge of Primary Health Care / CARPA standards/ RACGP/ISO 9001.
- Knowledge of rheumatic heart disease progression and prevention, diabetes, heart disease.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a small team
How to Apply
For more information regarding the position specifics please review the Position Profile _ Coordinator Outreach Services
- A current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- a cover letter which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9195.