NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and a contract genius? We have a 12 month fixed term contract in Brisbane for a Contract Specialist to join the National Broadband Network (NBN) Commercial Opportunities and Contract Management team, in a large telecommunication’s company.
Our client is recruiting a number of experienced Contract Specialists to join the established NBN Delivery team on a 1 year fixed term contract.
You will be part of a high performing team delivering against specific targets (internal and external) to support the delivery of the NBN rollout.
About the job
The successful applicant will provide support to the greater team using their commercial acumen, contractual expertise, business focus and advocacy skills to develop and implement contract delivery strategies for a variety of stakeholders, impacting business unit strategies and work categories within the NBN Commercial Works portfolio.
Success in this role will maximise the commercial returns for the employer through the network delivery agreements.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing contract interpretation, advice and analysis to stakeholders for a portfolio of commercial contracts;
- Working with stakeholders across NBN and Commercial Delivery and Customer Service Management providing input towards areas where NBN and Commercial Delivery, Customer Service Delivery and other delivery partners are providing services or seeking the services of external suppliers/contractors;
- Working with the delivery stream managers to ensure that key performance metrics are being tracked and met;
- Ensuring that the organisations commercial, legal, financial, technical and customer service objectives and risks are properly managed during the following;
- The development and/or review of activities with functional domain teams in delivering required Contract Commercial Works contractual obligations;
- Discussion and or negotiation on the delivery of various Commercial Works obligations;
- Commercial administration (e.g. Dashboard, KPI’s) for baseline and recurring deliverable’s;
- Identifying opportunities for additional revenue through variation and monthly payment claim processes;
- Contributing to the resolution of major customer or supplier contracts issues or related disputes where required;
- Quantification of billing data;
- Contract risk mitigation;
- Issues management;
- Contributing to financial, operational and contractual analysis to identify risks and propose appropriate market and mitigation strategies; and
- Creation and preparation of reports/presentations to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of contract law and contract management principles;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Experience in billing is highly advantageous;
- Strong Reporting skills;
- Solving problems of moderate complexity;
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships;
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Detailed knowledge of some aspects of Telecommunications (or IT) industry platforms and applications;
- Previous experience with Appian, CONSOL, Maximo and Qlikview; and
- Strong skills in Microsoft Access
Our client is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, they have developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role.
How to Apply
To apply go to https://www.enabledemployment.com/jobs/procurement-contracting/2807-contract-specialist-indigenous-identified-opportunity or give us a call on (02) 6162 5127