Content Producer – North Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants
- Deliver effective and compelling content to support ACU objectives
- Continuing full-time, North Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld), s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic) s126 Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW),
The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Marketing and External Relations (MER) directorate encompasses Communications and Creative Services, Future Students and Advancement, and Digital Experience. MER plays a key role in profiling and positioning ACU as a first choice among its diverse community and stakeholder groups, including prospective students, Catholic and corporate partners, donors, alumni and staff.
As the Content Producer, you will contribute to large-scale content campaigns that engage a variety of target segments and adhere to the University’s brand pillars and content strategy. This will involve:
- creating and delivering effective and compelling, culturally inclusive content for a range of channels
- engaging with stakeholders across the University, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff
- contributing to regular content meetings by presenting and discussing story pitches
- conducting culturally appropriate interviews with staff, students and high-profile external stakeholders, such as alumni to produce compelling content.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- identification as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Australian Catholic University considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin is a genuine occupational qualification for this role
- completion of a relevant undergraduate degree in the area of marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience
- experience in producing effective marketing content for a range of platforms and channels
- well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply
Obtain the Position Description Content Producer HEW 7 PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $101,112 – $109,432 pa, including salary component $85,440 – $92,471 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Alisse Grafitti, Associate Director, Communications and Creative Services, on 02 94659047.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.