Community Engagement Partner
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- $104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
Under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, this opportunity has been initially dedicated to identify Aboriginal applicants. This special measure recognises the importance of Aboriginal representation to advise Council on the views and interests of Aboriginal people in the municipality.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
The position leads and maintains an integrated and collaborative approach to working with local communities as a means of harnessing community knowledge, ideas and energy, in a manner that empowers people to participate in solving complex matters and contributing to government ideas and initiatives.
You will engage and partner with community as means of maintaining strong relationships that contribute to good place outcomes.
As part of a team you will inform, consult, involve and empower the community to participate in civic life.
This is a unique opportunity for anyone with a positive, adaptive and agile mindset who wants to be part of a wonderful team.
You can bring…(selection criteria)
- City of Melbourne Values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- significant experience in strategic community development, collective impact and capacity building approaches within community
- good written and verbal communication skills including presentation, negotiation, consultation and promotion of services and activities
- innovative and creative problem solving skills
- project management, planning and organisational skills with demonstrated experience in leading and delivering projects on time and within budget
- ability to engage with the community, manage stakeholders and build strong relationships
- ability to understand concepts and ideas and apply collective impact thinking to achieve effective outcomes
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter responding to the selection criteria, in a separate document, as listed above under “You can bring…”
Please address your covering letter to Eamonn Fennessy, Manager Placemaking and Engagement
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
Closing date: 18/02/2018