Community Engagement Officer, My Health Record
- Self-starter, face to face community engagement
- Extensive travel within the region
- Six month maximum term role
- $70,000 – $80,000 per annum plus employer superannuation and generous salary packaging benefits
South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN) has the key objectives of:
- Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes, and
- Improving coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
We achieve these objectives by working directly with general practitioners, other primary health care providers, secondary care providers and hospitals to ensure improved outcomes for patients.
The six key priorities of SEMPHN are mental health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, population health, health workforce, eHealth and aged care.
SEMPHN stretches from St Kilda to Sorrento to Bunyip, including the major population hubs of Clayton, Dandenong, Moorabbin, Caulfield, Cranbourne, Frankston and Pakenham.
About the role
The Community Engagement Officer, My Health Record is a newly created position, focusing on engaging and informing the community around the new My Health Record initiative. The Community Engagement Officer position works as part of a supportive team, this position will help you grow your not-for-profit/health sector experience while you make a real change in the My Health Record initiative.
This position is project based and for 6 months maximum term.
The position is based in Heatherton, the successful candidate will spend the majority of the time outside the office travelling across the SEMPHN catchment.
- Implement an effective local community engagement plan for My Health Record
- Engage with local consumer groups, delivering presentations and distributing My Health Record promotional material at local events
- Reporting data from communications and engagement activities
- Identify local My Health Record consumer success stories and communicating these to the Agency team
- Professional management of My Health Record community events including producing flyers, tracking registrations and set up of events
Qualifications, Skills and experience
To be successful in this opportunity you must have relevant qualifications, experience in community engagement, strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with confidence to present, event coordination experience, capacity to build rapport in person and over the phone with people of all ages and stages, including community members, General Practices and stakeholder.
With this fantastic opportunity you will need to be a self-starter, work effectively under general direction and as part of a team, comfortable with engaging and communicating face to face with community groups, good writing skills and strong attention to detail, especially with project reporting, good organisational skills and works to deliver projects within deadlines.
A full position description is available on our website listed below.
Benefits of working with SEMPHN
- Generous leave and salary packaging entitlements
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program
- Free car parking
How to Apply
To view the position description please visit http://www.semphn.org.au/careers
For further information please contact Rebecca McLean on 03 8514 4417. Applications close 6 pm Sunday 27 May.
Please email your application to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in the role and our organisation, however only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
SEMPHN promotes a workplace that values fairness, respect and social and cultural diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.