Community Development Coordinator – Wesley LifeForce – Suicide prevention program
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Build community networks at the coal face
- full-time position
- have a direct impact on saving lives
- extensive interstate travel
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Networks program is an exciting initiative which focuses on supporting suicide prevention activities through a collaborative and strategic community approach. We are currently expanding this initiative nationally through additional government support.
About the role
Primarily, this role is about engaging communities and developing their capacity to prevent and address suicide through a localised approach. Through building networks of committed local people, you will have the opportunity to walk alongside communities as they develop targeted and sustainable strategies to prevent suicide.
As Wesley LifeForce’s Northern Territory based staff member, you will have the opportunity to further develop your subject matter expertise in community development, community engagement and community-based suicide prevention initiatives. Additionally, there will be opportunities for you to enhance your business development skills to assist Wesley LifeForce and the broader Wesley Training portfolio as it expands its service footprint nationally.
You may have previous experience in working in rural or remote communities, community development or engagement programs, social work or public health.
- passion for suicide prevention
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- knowledge and experience of community development and participatory development practice
- proven ability to engage and develop effective relationships with government and non-government agencies and to the broader community
- effective report writing skills
- experience in developing and implementing project plans
- excellent organisational skills and the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- an understanding of group processes
- experience in facilitating meetings
- a current Driver’s Licence
- an understanding of issues facing rural and remote communities
- cultural awareness and sensitivity
- understanding of Governance
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- employee Support Program
- access to discounted Health and Travel Insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging, sacrifice up to $16,050 of your yearly income
Monday 26 February 2018
How to Apply
Please find a copy of the Position Description here: https://www.wesleymission.org.au/about-us/careers/career-opportunities/community-development-coordinator/
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Contact name Amy Ngo
For further information about this role, please contact James Bell, Networks Manager on 1800 100 024.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.