NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Help make a difference to the early childhood education and care sector!
- Central Sydney CBD location.
- Friendly organisational environment; work-life balance a top priority; regular community and social activities.
We want children in Australia to have the best start in life.
We provide national leadership on the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and collaborate with the Australian and state and territory governments to:
- implement changes that benefit children birth to 13 years-of-age and their families
- monitor and promote the consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Lawacross all states and territories
- support the early childhood education and care sector to improve quality outcomes for children
We strive for innovation and continuous improvement and are committed to keeping the sector and the community informed with the latest developments in early childhood education and care.
The Communications Officer is responsible for sourcing, writing and editing content for a range of communication channels. They will also help to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders through various engagement and communication strategies. The Communications Officer will additionally assist in daily media monitoring and internal reporting requirements.
This role is full time ongoing at ACECQA Band 4 ($72,929 – $81,884)
For the full position description please go to https://www.acecqa.gov.au/work-with-us
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a separate document that provides details showing how you meet the selection criteria to Human Resources at ACECQA via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for all applications is 11.59 pm Monday 11 June 2018.
- Proven experience in sourcing, writing and editing communication materials for a range of channels, including print and online media.
- Proven experience in building cooperation and workable solutions between internal stakeholders.
- Experience with, or the ability to quickly learn, web content management systems, electronic marketing software and desktop publishing applications.
- Capacity to operate both independently, using initiative and self-direction, and as a team member, to produce consistently high quality work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to tailor communication to a variety of audiences.
- Tertiary qualification/s in a discipline such as communications or marketing, or relevant experience.
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to consent to a national police check.
For more information please contact the Senior HR Officer – Jane Solly on 02 8240 4293.
ACECQA is committed to removing barriers and opening up opportunities. As an employer we seek to ensure people with differing needs and abilities have the same opportunities to successfully gain skills, knowledge and experience through work, social activities, education and training irrespective of their age, disability, colour, race, gender, religion, sexuality, family responsibilities, or location. In particular, we are committed to improving opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.