NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Help make a difference to the early childhood education and care sector!
- Central Sydney CBD location.
- Friendly organisational environment; work-life balance a top priority; regular community and social activities.
We want children in Australia to have the best start in life.
We provide national leadership on the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and collaborate with the Australian and state and territory governments to:
- implement changes that benefit children birth to 13 years-of-age and their families
- monitor and promote the consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Lawacross all states and territories
- support the early childhood education and care sector to improve quality outcomes for children
We strive for innovation and continuous improvement and are committed to keeping the sector and the community informed with the latest developments in early childhood education and care.
The Manager Communications will develop and manage ACECQA internal and external communications and engagement strategies and activities, including specified projects; manage communications and engagement staff; engage with external service providers; and collaborate with other internal business groups and external stakeholders and partners.
This role is full time ongoing at ACECQA Band 6 ($101,333 – $116,399)
For the full position description please go to https://www.acecqa.gov.au/work-with-us
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a separate document that provides details showing how you meet the selection criteria to Human Resources at ACECQA via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for all applications is 11.59 pm Monday 11 June 2018.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and persuasively communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences, and to understand the audience perspective, particularly in online engagement.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communication strategies for a range of issues and projects.
- Experience and skills in managing stakeholder relationships and building networks with internal and external stakeholders to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, including the ability to align activities with organisational objectives, determines priorities and provide direction and guidance.
- Ability to manage a team and create a culture of respect and understanding that facilitates information sharing, communication and learning to achieve results.
- Knowledge of major issues affecting the children’s services sector.
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to consent to a national police check.
For more information please contact the Senior HR Officer – Jane Solly on 02 8240 4293.
ACECQA is committed to removing barriers and opening up opportunities. As an employer we seek to ensure people with differing needs and abilities have the same opportunities to successfully gain skills, knowledge and experience through work, social activities, education and training irrespective of their age, disability, colour, race, gender, religion, sexuality, family responsibilities, or location. In particular, we are committed to improving opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.