NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Leading not for profit organisation
- 22.5 hours per week (3 days) until June 2019 with possibility of extension
- North Sydney location – close to transport
Carers NSW is the peak organisation for carers in NSW. It is a member of the national Network of Carers’ Associations. It has an exclusive focus on supporting and advocating for carers of all ages and circumstances.
Working closely with the Manager Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for liaising with internal and external stakeholders to assist in the efficient delivery of the Carers NSW marketing and communications strategy, including coordinating activities for Carers NSW, National Carers Week and Carers News. This role will suit someone who is able to work autonomously, is proactive in their approach and it is an ideal chance for someone to gain broad experience across a varied communications role.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to write content and correspondence to a high standard.
- Experience planning and coordinating social media activities; primarily Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience assisting with website maintenance and events management.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and liaise with a range of stakeholders, including internal staff, partners, service providers and the wider community.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach to the role and assist in managing multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and an understanding of database management.
It would be desirable if you have an understanding of carers’ issues and needs.
The Salary Package is between $42K to $46K inclusive of base and superannuation. In addition, you will have access to salary sacrificing benefits and gain exposure across all aspects of communications including creative design, marketing, strategy, media and events.
Applications close Monday 23rd April 2018
Carers NSW recognises the value of diversity in its workplace and acknowledges the contributions that people of diverse backgrounds bring to the organisation.
A criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
The Position Description is available to assist with your application. See the ‘Instructions for Applicants’ http://www.carersnsw.org.au/about-us/employment/instructions-for-applicants on how to address the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria for this position. For further information please contact our HR Manager on: (02) 9280 4744.
To be considered, please forward an updated resume and application letter addressing the Selection Criteria to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please note: Applicants that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.