- Part Time Ongoing – 4 days per week
- Band 3.1.1 – $64,749 pro rata + superannuation
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Situated in the heart of Melbourne’s cultural precinct, Arts Centre Melbourne presents world-class performing arts in a year round exciting program. Experience Australia’s best performing arts companies and exceptional international productions, alongside celebrations of comedy, cabaret and popular music.
The Business Unit
The Collections team encourages visitors to engage with the performing arts through exhibitions and foyer presentations, attending our education programs or using our research service. The department is also responsible for the preservation, storage and documentation of the Performing Arts Collection and the Public Art Collection. We work to grow and refine the Collections through donation, commission, purchase and bequest; while also promoting the Collections and managing Collection donors.
The Collections are used regularly for exhibition and research by curatorial staff, historians, performers, publishers, researchers and other collecting institutions.
About the Position
As the Collections Coordinator you will co-ordinate the administrative requirements of the Collections Business Unit.
To be successful you will require:
- A degree or graduate diploma level qualification in arts management, or similar and/or a related experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a team coordinator role, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to identify process improvements, organise meetings, agendas and papers, and track work in progress.
- Sound knowledge in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs, customer relationship management systems, collections management database systems and social media.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise tasks, and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to provide both written and verbal information clearly and consistently.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of social media as a communication tool.
Arts Centre Melbourne employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
• Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows
• Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs
• Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking
• Access to health care insurance at competitive rates
• Food and beverage discounts at our staff café and surrounding restaurants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must address the key criteria in their cover letter and submit together with a current resume as one combined document. Please refer to the position description below for further information, including the key criteria.
To submit your application, click on the Apply button below by Thursday 26 July 2018.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer