Caseworker – Dubbo
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are seeking an Out of Home Care Caseworker who genuinely cares about the wellbeing of Children and Families to join our Ngurambang’ team in Dubbo on a full time Permanent basis.
In this pivotal position you will support children and young people in out of home care, their carers and the child/young person’s birth family by providing comprehensive case management and overall case coordination and advocacy. Our Ngurambang Caseworkers work closely with every Aboriginal child and young person to ensure they have the opportunity to learn, understand and connect with their Aboriginal heritage.
Our Caseworkers have a vital role in supporting the restoration of a child to their birth family; from developing and implementing a restoration plan and monitoring birth family progress to refering birth families to appropriate support services and interviewing and discussing issues with families to assess needs and determine a course of action.
The Important Details
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (minimum Diploma) and minimum 2 years working in an equivalent position in the community sector
- Demonstrated casework/case management skills
- Experience in managing challenging situations within a strengths-based approach
- Demonstrated engagement, interpersonal, negotiation, mediation, consultation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with Government and non-Government agencies
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent behaviour and development.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours to meet service user needs (as directed and required)
- Current driver’s licence, and willingness to transport families and children
- First Aid certificate
Accompanying a fulfilling career and the opportunity to make a real diffence in the lives of children and families we offer a range of excellent benefits including:
A starting salary of $65,551-70,900
5 days ex-gratia
35 hour working week
attractive salary packaging options.
If you feel you have the passion and ability to suceed in this role then please apply now. If you have any questions or require further details then please call Chloe Bamber on 02 9376 1584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check, Reference Checks and a Working with Children Check
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.