Case Manager- Family and Domestic Violence
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Wurli is currently implementing a new and exciting Program, Strong Indigenous Families, under our growing Community Services portfolio. Strong Indigenous Families is a program designed to assist address family violence in indigenous communities as part of the National Plan to reduce violence against women and their children. The Program is based on a whole family approach to address the causes of family violence. The Strong Indigenous Families team will work collaboratively to deliver intensive family-focused case management to address behaviours often associated with domestic and family violence. The program will also provide trauma – informed therapeutic service for Indigenous children who are affected by family violence.
Wurli is seeking individuals with the relevant experience in Family and Domestic Violence and who are passionate about improving the wellbeing outcomes for indigenous communities to join our team in the role of Case Manager. The Case Manager is responsible for working with the entire family to provide a combined case management and case work approach to intensively engage with families, assess their needs and provide immediate and continual support in the home whilst providing for ongoing support and referral to specialist services.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience (Such as a Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention or equivalent other relevant qualification or experience)
- Minimum of two years case management experience, preferably in the areas of Family and Domestic Violence
- An ability to appropriately deal with pressure and maintain composure and effective communication when engaging with women and children in crisis.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture, including issues affecting communities
- Current National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s License
How to Apply
For further details regarding this position please refer to the Position Profile_Case Manager (Family and Domestic Violence)
- a completed online Employment Application Form
- current resume of curriculum vitae (cv)
- cover letter / email which provides a clear and concise overview of your ability to meet the key requirements of the role (prerequisites, qualifications / experience and competencies)
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact a member of the Human Resource team on 8972 9129.