CALD Project Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- 30-38 hours per week negotiable
- Short term contract to 29 June 2018
- North Sydney location
- Applications close: Wednesday 21 March 2018
Carers NSW is the peak body for carers in NSW. We are a not-for-profit organisation connecting and empowering carers across NSW and improving their quality of life through activities, programs, training and policy advice. We advocate for carers of all ages and circumstances.
Reporting to the Manager Policy and Research, the primary responsibility of the CALD Project Officer is to work in partnership with the Carers NSW Research Team and external stakeholders to conduct focus groups with under-researched groups of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) carers in NSW.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Establish and convene a Project Advisory Committee consisting of representatives from CALD community organisations and social researchers
- Liaise with key stakeholders and partner organisations in order to organise and promote focus groups with CALD carers.
- Engage interpreters and co-facilitators for focus group delivery, as needed.
- Develop translated materials to support the running of focus groups with CALD carers, including fact sheets on aged care and disability reforms.
- Work with the Research Team and Project Advisory Committee to translate and apply Carer Survey materials for CALD carer support groups, as appropriate.
- Collect and collate data regarding the effectiveness of the focus groups and resource development.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following essential criteria;
- Degree qualification in social sciences, social work, community development or other related discipline
- Demonstrated experience conducting focus groups
- Demonstrated experience analysing qualitative data
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Demonstrated ability to manage, facilitate, promote and evaluate projects and events
- Proven ability to build rapport with other organisations and service providers
- Strong time management and task prioritising skills
- High level written, oral communication and computer skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel within NSW (current valid driver’s licence).
The Annual Base Salary Package is between $78 – $83K (pro-rata for part-time) including superannuation. You will also have access to generous salary sacrificing benefits. The Position Description is available to assist with your application.
Carers NSW recognises the value of diversity in its workplace and acknowledges the contributions that people of diverse backgrounds bring to the organisation.
A criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
See the ‘Instructions for Applicants’ http://www.carersnsw.org.au/about-us/employment/instructions-for-applicants on how to address the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria for this position. For further information please contact our HR department on: (02) 9280 4744.
Please forward your application addressing the Selection Criteria to Human Resources, PO Box 785, North Sydney NSW 2059 or email@example.com