NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Join an experienced procurement function as a Buyer
- Permanent role based in Sydney NSW or Brisbane QLD
Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and beverage to customers in a range of food service environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
We are currently recruiting a Buyer to join our Supply Chain team, based at our head office in Sydney’s McMahons Point or our office in Brisbane, at Cannon Hill. You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing success of supplier and manufacturer planning as well as our strategic sourcing activities within Australia. You will need the capacity to operate independently, using initiative and self-direction. In this role, you will report to the Strategic Sourcing Manager and work with a tightly knit team. Ideally from a food services background you will have worked in a procurement role and have a good understanding of supplier management and relationships, eProcurement platforms.
- Prepare and run sourcing events including RFQ/RFP/RFI, online auction, collaborative sourcing, multi-event negotiations, etc. Use e-tendering including E Reverse Auctions to ensure best market value
- Performing opportunity analysis to identify projects that will deliver significant cost savings and value improvement
- Ensure new suppliers and manufacturers are set up in line with company and supply chain policy and have appropriate third party accreditation and insurances
- Identifying and determining costs associated with the Products purchased
- Build sourcing strategies that enable compass to optimise its buying power across relevant markets and deliver a range of products which are negotiated to the lowest net level to maximise business profitability
- Conduct industry analysis to support business stakeholders with commercial understanding of the market place & provide proactive insight to long term potential sourcing strategies
- Assist in developing category plans and strategies as well as the administration of sourcing events and ensuring that documents are fully up to date
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Manage contract terms and tenure
- Execute extensions, variations and terminations of legal instruments in line with Company policy
- Design and implement sourcing solutions, including design and execution of commercial instruments such as contracts that meet all agreed business needs including SLAs
- Tertiary education is highly desirable, with a Procurement & Supply Chain focus or a Business or Commerce related degree
- CIPS, IFPSM or AAPCM qualification or equivalent is essential with experience in Food service desirable
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills including; Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience in a centralised procurement/commercial environment providing services to a broad customer base
- A strong negotiator and buyer who is able to manage supplier relationships at different levels
- Great interpersonal and communication skills which is instrumental to maintaining positive relationships with business stakeholders
- Experience in large organisations with complex environments
- Strong procurement knowledge gained through category assistant experience
- Ability to prioritise multiple demands and analyse situations to problem solve effectively
Why work at Compass Group?
You will have the support, infrastructure, systems and processes that you would expect from a global organisational. To be recognised as an employer of choice we offer an attractive benefits program including a competitive salary and incentive scheme, recognition programs and company discounts. If you’re looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group is for you. Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry’s best.
How to Apply
Apply via http://careers.compass-group.com.au/cw/en/job/516661/buyer