NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time, to March 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah Johnson.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
You will be working closely with the Senior Finance Business Partner and will play a key role as the conduit between the Finance and Procurement branch and the wider operations of the organisation delivering a range of high quality financial analysis, advice and support to assist management decision making.
A key priority of your role is to add value and insight through Business Partnering with Managers and budget owners across the business. You will deliver accurate and timely financial information, prepare budget and forecast, and ensure Branches to have the necessary support and information to enable effective decision making. You will also play a part in developing the financial literacy and accountability of the Branch/s it supports.
Your role will be one of seven Finance Business Partner positions within the City of Melbourne; your role is instrumental in the transition to service delivery through business partnering and centralised financial service and will play a key role in initiating and supporting improvement and considerable change in the capacity of the business partner and a finance professional
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Accounting or a related discipline and significant experience. CPA/CA qualified is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial analysis and financial reporting with the ability to exemplify financial management best practice
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills, particularly in the provision of professional financial advice and support to Managers and staff with limited financial training; as well as maintaining effective partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders
- Contemporary understanding of and experience working in the areas of business planning, performance measurement and improvement, risk management and benchmarking
- Sound analytical and conceptual thinking capability and ability to make recommendations to resolve issues
- High level organisational and time management skills and proven ability to work in a pressure sustained environment
- Highly developed computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Word, Excel and Financial Systems
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Helen Tse, Manager Business Partnering, Finance and Procurement
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 25/03/2018