Assistant Company Secretary (Healthy Land and Water)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
A great opportunity to build your career in this new role providing high level support direct to the CEO & Company Secretary of Healthy Land and Water, a Brisbane based not-for-profit.
This is a new, part-time role in Healthy Land and Water, a unique not-for-profit organisation with a strong environmental track record. Working three days a week, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and works with the Company Secretary to provide high level support for governance processes required by several Boards and Committees. The role will also provide the CEO and members of the Executive Management Team with professional support in the preparation, review and editing of corporate documents.
It is an ideal opportunity for someone with legal qualifications, experience as a paralegal or exposure to the role of company secretary. Above all, you will be positive, motivated, flexible and committed to quality in everything you do.
Our client is committed to diversity and applications from Indigenous people are encouraged.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate:
- A sound understanding of corporate governance administration processes (or an ability to quickly acquire this knowledge)
- Excellent attention to detail and a track record in writing, integrating and editing high quality documents.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with demonstrated ability to work flexibly to deadlines and on multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, credibility in working with committees and stakeholders and a collegiate approach to working with staff within the organisation at all levels
- Initiative, persistence and an ability to maintain equilibrium while adapting to urgent and changing priorities
Tertiary qualifications in law or business as well as membership of the Governance Institute of Australia or the Australian Institute of Company Directors will be well regarded.
The successful appointee will need to meet requirements as a fit and proper person under relevant legislation.
This position is based in Brisbane CBD in a central location, convenient for public transport. This is a part-time role working three days a week (Thursday, Friday and one other day to be negotiated).
Based on the part-time hours, expected salary will be negotiated and is expected to be 60% of about $80K plus superannuation.
For more information, please visit our website and download the information package.
If you require more information or to discuss your application, please call Anne-Marie Carroll at Merit Solutions on 07 3220-1166 for a confidential conversation.
How to Apply
To apply, please follow the link to apply on-line with a current resume and brief cover letter outlining your relevant achievements and motivation for this role.
Applications will be considered as they are received so please do not delay.