Assistant Campus Support Officer
- Entry level opportunity into desktop and AV support
- Provide exceptional client service to campus staff, students and visitors
- Full-time continuing role based in Brisbane
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld), s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic) s126 Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW),
The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,000 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the ACU’s Corporate Services Portfolio, the Information Technology Directorate aims to be a strategic partner to deliver technology enabled change and excellent IT services to support learning, teaching, research and business functions across ACU. The End User computing Services group works closely with the business (end users) and the other IT Groups to provide a culturally inclusive end user IT technology support. This is achieved via remote and onsite support teams to enhance customer service and to increase call resolution rates to deliver increased customer satisfaction.
As Assistant Campus Support Officer you will:
- provide day-to-day support IT to staff, students and University visitors
- support the use of a range of current systems, technologies and audio visual services
- monitor and maintain the IT and AV infrastructure
- achieve IT service performance against agreed service standards.
You will need:
- identification as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Australian Catholic University considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin is a genuine occupational qualification for this role
- completion of a degree or a relevant combination of experience and education
- proven customer service skills and a positive attitude towards learning new skills
- demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
This role requires the rostering of work hours and may include after hours and weekend support.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply
Obtain the Position Description Assistant Campus Support Officer HEW 4 PD.pdf . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $73,393 – $79,482 pa, including salary component $62,018 – $67,163 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 4), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
To discuss this role further contact Matthew Remmington, Team Leader, Campus IT Service Delivery QLD on 07 3623 7734.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Thursday 27 September 2018