Artistic Director, Arts House
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time up to 3 years
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
Arts House…As part of the City of Melbourne, Arts House is one of Australia’s leading presenters of contemporary performance, live art and multidisciplinary works.
Arts House is Melbourne’s centre for contemporary and experimental performance with a strategic vision to engage new audiences and develop independent artists.
We support innovative responses to the changing nature of our cities through creative interdisciplinary practice, curated through a balance of provocation, responsiveness and collaboration with artists, communities and audiences.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…We are looking for a visionary Artistic Director to lead the curation of the Arts House program.
Reporting to the Arts House General Manager, the Artistic Director is responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing a curatorial framework, and overseeing the delivery, of an outstanding artistic program aligned to the vision and purpose for Arts House.
The position plays a leadership role in attracting diverse and high calibre artists, growing and developing varied audiences and building investment in the program.
The incoming Artistic Director will encourage experimentation and innovation and will enable new forms of performance and interactive art to be tested and presented at Arts House.
Take a look at Arts House click here
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Demonstrated, senior experience in designing and delivering creative, innovative and effective arts programming and cultural events
- Track record as a visionary thinker who can conceive and bring to fruition a creative idea
- Demonstrated capability to manage the delivery of a unique arts program within tight budget constraints
- In-depth local, national and global arts knowledge, networks and perspective
- Outstanding people leadership skills, developed through a demonstrated background in leading, developing and motivating diverse creative staff in a collaborative manner
- Proven ability to design creative platforms and support mechanisms that generate ideas and support the development and presentation of new work
- Demonstrated ability to work across art forms, sectors and interest groups, and to engage a diverse range of people to successfully deliver projects
- Experience in a subsidised performance industry context.
To view the physical requirements of the role and the position description, please visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Catherine Jones, General Manager Arts House.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 23/04/2018