Administration Support Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
$63,513 + 9.5% Superannuation (prorata)
Temporary Part Time to 31 May 2019 (Week 1: Tuesday and Thursday / Week 2:Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…
Working in the Infringement Review team who are responsible for reviewing applications for internal review of infringements and determining the outcome in line with legislation and City of Melbourne policies; your role as the Administration Support Officer is responsible for:
- ensure all incoming mail is sorted, scanned, data entered, filed and archived with a high level of accuracy and within City of Melbourne policies and guidelines
- using excellent written and verbal communication skills, to inform and resolve customers’ queries relating to their applications in line with City of Melbourne policies and guidelines
- determine outcomes to objections submitted by customers regarding parking and local law infringements and prepare responses
- other duties given by people manager.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Solid computer skills including ability to use customer databases, the Microsoft Office range, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Salesforce and Pathway experience highly desirable
- Proven ability to handle high volumes of work, while maintaining accuracy of detail
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to prepare high quality responses to complex customer correspondence
- Excellent verbal communication skills and an ability to deal with customers at all levels in a tactful, professional and courteous manner
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and the ability to remain calm, objective and in control when dealing with customer issues and concerns
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework relating to relevant regulations
- Experience in exercising appropriate discretion with regards to Acts and legislation, Acts or local laws, or proven ability to quickly develop the knowledge required
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline such as Certificate III in Local Government (Regulatory Services) or Business Administration.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see visit the Application Page.
How to Apply
To Apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Aleister Pepperell, (Acting) Infringement Review Coordinator
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Advisor, Lesley Jackson-Lopa, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 or firstname.lastname@example.org between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date 23/05/2018