Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Liaison Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Join a global network of professionals and educators
- Challenging and rewarding role with a progressive and growing business
- Permanent Part Time position
Laureate Australia consists of strengths-based educators, Torrens University Australia (TUA) and Think Colleges (TC), which live by the motto ‘Here For Good’. Our ambition is to revolutionise the world of education, increase student employability and make a positive impact. Laureate Education Inc. is the largest Public Benefit Corporation in the world, which means Laureate is a certified force for good. We believe in the power of education to transform lives, and we put our people and students at the heart of everything we do.
Laureate Australia’s institutions are part of the global Laureate International Universities network, with 1,000,000+ students at nearly 70 institutions in 23 countries.
Employed by Laureate Education Services Australia Pty Ltd to support the operational functions of TUA and/or TC.
About the Role and what you can expect
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Liaison Adviser will coordinate strategies and programs designed to increase the recruitment, participation, retention and success of ATSI students at Think Colleges and Torrens University. They will work closely with the Liaison Advisors in Laureate’s New Zealand campus, forming a community of practice with the staff appointed to support the recruitment, participation, retention and success of Māori and Pasifika students.
Supporting a working group led by the Vice Chancellor, the ATSI Liaison Advisor will work with staff from across the business to drive forward projects that accelerate ATSI student success. They will also work closely with the marketing and sales teams to promote opportunities for ATSI students at Laureate, and will network with relevant Government agencies, community groups, and other tertiary providers.
The ATSI Liaison Advisor will play an active role in the broader Customer Experience engagement team, led by the Head of Student Engagement, delivering a uniquely Laureate Australia and New Zealand experience.
- Create opportunities across the business to increase the recruitment, participation, retention and success of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students across Laureate’s Australian campuses
- Link Laureate’s Australian institutions with relevant Australian agencies
- Establish strong relationships with key ATSI agencies and communities, and use networking opportunities to engage stakeholders and advance Laureate’s profile
- Become a trusted source of information and connection for communities and organisations seeking to forge relationships with Laureate
- Support the marketing and sales teams to set and achieve targets for ATSI student recruitment
- Build a strong community of ATSI students within Torrens and Think, providing opportunities for students to connect, collaborate and lead within our institutions
- Make a positive influence on the orientation and transition program for all students, ensuring that Laureate is explicit in the recognition of Australia’s first nation peoples
- Work with leaders across the business to profile ATSI students and their successes, moving Laureate further towards its diversity and inclusion goals
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
Note: this role is reserved for a member of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Undergraduate qualifications (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to network, liaise and/or develop collaborative partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Awareness of cultural protocols when consulting with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people
- Knowledge and/or experience in a range of student engagement or student support services, including services designed to improve student acquisition, transition, retention, and progression
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including writing for the web and email
- A track record of working to tight timeframes in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Creativity in solving problems and generating innovative solutions
- A student-service mentality and respect for balancing both people and commercial needs
- Strong personal drive, a positive attitude and self-motivation
How to Apply
Want to be part of the Laureate Team?
To apply for this position please click on the View and Apply Online button below.
Laureate Australia has a firm commitment to providing formal education opportunities to our employees and their immediate family members. We do this through providing access to tuition reduction benefit on courses offered at TUA and TC.
You can apply online where we will be reviewing all applications submitted as received. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.