Aboriginal Engagement Coordinator (West Region)
Aboriginal Engagement Coordinator
Regional Business Group
Position: Permanent full time
Location: Dubbo, Wellington
Senior Education Officer
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
An exciting opportunity to join the largest skills and training provider in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. TAFE NSW strive to deliver relevant, high quality, practical and creative training designed to equip the workforce of tomorrow, and to grow the NSW economy.
We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates who share the TAFE NSW Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Customer First values, and are willing to help further our ongoing commitment to building an innovative culture:
- Forefront of Innovative Education
- Rewarding Career Opportunities
- Competitive Salaries
- Be part of an exciting ONE TAFE NSW project
- Cultivating Careers in Communities
The Aboriginal Engagement Coordinator, in collaboration with a diverse range of stakeholders, provides advice and support to ensure local TAFE NSW initiatives, programs, products and services meet the needs of Aboriginal communities and students. This includes supporting the development of culturally appropriate Aboriginal designated courses and subjects to ensure genuine and authentic Aboriginal content, facilitating specified Aboriginal learning facilities and ensuring cultural integrity.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- An appropriate degree or diploma at AQL levels 5-8 or equivalent vocational and or industrial experience.
- Aboriginality (Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977). Candidate should present proof of Aboriginality as part of their application.
- Proven ability to engage with Aboriginal organisations, communities and individuals to foster productive and harmonious working relationships.
- The ability to address and meet focus capabilities as stated in the Position Description.
Your application for this role must include:
- A resume, including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position.
- A written response that clearly addresses the two targeted questions below (max. 2 x A4 pages), as this forms an essential component of your overall application.
- Contact details of 2 referees.
- Outline your achievements of ensuring that initiatives, programs, products and services meet the needs of Aboriginal communities and / or students.
- Demonstrate how you have managed the expectations of a diverse range of Stakeholders who have conflicting priorities and expectations.
Click here for:
This is an identified position for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Aboriginality (Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977). Candidates should present proof of Aboriginality as part of their application.
Closing Date: Sunday 20 May 2018 at 11:59 pm
If you require assistance with the application process, or have any enquiries about the position, please contact Carly Jardine on 02 8233 2352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TAFE NSW vision is to build on our role as the public provider of skills training. We will embrace diverse needs of customers and deliver on our commitments to the communities that we serve.
Be Bold. Be Ambitious. Make your next move the right one.
How to Apply
To apply please click the link below;
Please submit an up to date resume and response to the 2 targeted questions in the advert.