Aboriginal Education Consultant (50D)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This is a full time contract position commencing as soon as practicable and concluding 31 December 2020.
The Aboriginal Education Team strives to ensure Aboriginal students have equitable access and participation in the Catholic schooling process, and every opportunity to achieve educational outcomes equal to that of their non-Aboriginal peers. With almost 2,400 Aboriginal students and more than 100 Aboriginal Teacher Assistants across WA Catholic schools, CEWA are committed to supporting schools to be culturally responsive and inclusive learning environments for all.
- Provide whole-school support to principals and staff in the Perth Arch-Diocese, in relation to all aspects of Aboriginal education.
- Develop and deliver targeted Aboriginal education professional learning.
- Provide advice and support to Growing Enriched Cultural Knowledge in Our Schools (GECKOS) Key Teachers.
- Support the development of culturally responsive teaching and learning practices.
- Support Aboriginal Teacher Assistants (ATAs) and Aboriginal teachers to create a professional collaborative network, and plan careers development pathways.
- Have Tertiary qualifications in Education or a related field.
- Have an understanding of current trends and knowledge in Aboriginal Education, and related teaching practices and pedagogies.
- Have an understanding of Aboriginal cultures and Aboriginal communities within Western Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver professional learning to adult learners that supports Aboriginal education.
- Capacity to innovate, problem solve and develop creative solutions to emerging issues with a focus on improving Aboriginal student outcomes.
How to Apply
To Apply: Interested applicants must submit a short summary addressing the selection criteria and their curriculum vitae, including the names and contact numbers of at least two work related referees (current/past line managers).
A current National Police History Check as issued by the Department of Education Western Australia must be provided by the successful applicant.
Where to? All applications are to reach The Executive Director of Catholic Education, Catholic Education Office of WA by email: email@example.com no later than 12pm, Monday 12 February 2018.
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from culturally diverse background, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability or medical condition who meet the requirements of this position. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.