Aboriginal Early Years Practitioner
- Increase the readiness of Koorie preschool children
- Friendly, collaborative and supportive work environment
- Salary $69-73k pro rata
We are looking for someone to work as hard as we do to give vulnerable and at-risk children brighter futures. Continue reading if you have what it takes to help transform lives…
Based in the stunning South West coast, we have a part time Early Year’s Practitioner position available. We strongly encourage those with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background to apply for this role.
Aboriginal Early Years Practitioner at OzChild:
- Ensure Koorie preschool children are identified and supported to attend playgroups and kindergarten programs
- Increase the readiness of Koorie preschool children and their families for the transition to kindergarten and school from playgroup
- Work collaboratively with local Family Support Services and relevant stakeholders
- Participate in relevant networks and local meetings
- Promote the activities of the Aboriginal Community Playgroup
(Please refer to the position description on our website for further details)
You will have:
- An appropriate qualification in early childhood or equivalent that is recognised in Australia
- Program development experience desirable
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families preferred
- Understanding of local community networks and service organisations
Please note we are open to applications from less experienced candidates. In these cases, salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a leading non-profit organisation committed to making a difference to children’s lives
- Flexible working arrangements – 30.4 hours per fortnight
- Portland location, in the picturesque South West coast
- Use of work vehicle for service delivery
- Friendly, collaborative and supportive work culture
- Work environment underpinned by integrity and honesty
- Salary packaging options
For over 165 years, OzChild has been committed to the protection of Australia’s most vulnerable children and families. Our purpose is to support vulnerable children and young people by preventing abuse and neglect, providing healing and strengthening families.
How to Apply
Apply now by visiting www.ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies
Enquiries are welcome, please call Claire Jennings, Prevention & Strengthening Families, on 0402 342 197
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ communities.