2019 BP GBS Co-op Program
Global Business Services (GBS) ANZ is a provider of a broad range of integrated customer solutions, supporting BP’s operations across Australia and New Zealand. Supporting both BP and Castrol brands GBS ANZ services include accounting and banking operations, logistics/scheduling operations, customer service and sales, credit management, financial reporting and HR Services. GBS ANZ is a true leader in a highly competitive shared services landscape.
Part of the global BP group of companies and with operations in over 100 countries, GBS ANZ supports BP Australia’s businesses of exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. With over 400 employees, 100,000 end customers and $40 billion in processed transactions per annum, GBS ANZ takes pride in being the engine room for BP.
About the opportunity
GBS is offering fantastic opportunities for university students to join the team as part of our 12 month Co-operative (Co-op) program. Commencing in January 2019, the Co-op program provides students with the chance to gain experience in a real job where you can apply the knowledge you have gained at university while continuing to develop your technical and business skills.
In 2019, GBS is offering nine (9) opportunities in:
- Accounting (3)
- Marketing and Customer Experience (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Logistics (2)
You will also have the opportunity to get involved in ad hoc projects and interact with a range of internal and external customers who will challenge and develop your communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
To be eligible for our Co-op program you are:
- in your final or penultimate year of a relevant degree (or recently graduated)
- achieving a credit average (or better)
- available to start in mid-January 2019
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
To be successful in the role you will also have the following attributes:
- strong personal effectiveness: you are able to communicate purposefully and clearly with a range of stakeholders, present ideas, manage your time and are keen to learn
- partnership and personal impact: you contribute to team morale, are flexible in your approach, empathetic and considerate of others, self-aware of your personal impact and decisive and driven
- organisation: you are able to meet deadlines, have strong attention to detail and highly developed organisational and administrative skills
- customer service and business insight: you put the customer first – aware of their needs and focused on providing quality customer service and maintaining strong relationships
- previous work experience will be highly regarded
About the benefits
GBS offers a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We are committed to developing your career and reward our people with a competitive salary package and flexible working conditions coupled with benefits that reflect these values.
As a GBS Co-op you will receive valuable development, mentoring and feedback on your performance which will kick start your career. This program will put you in a prime position to apply for future opportunities at GBS or the BP Graduate Program.
GBS is an equal opportunity employer with a strong focus on diversity in our workforce and we encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
To apply, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CV/Resume.
In your application, please tell us why you are interested in this opportunity and include your current GPA/WAM and expected graduation year.
Once your application is received, a member of BP’s Resourcing team will contact you for a discussion. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to a face-to-face candidate day in Melbourne on Monday 27 August.